It’s summer time and with access to a pool, my apartment has become a relaxing haven for myself and a few close friends to escape the heat of New York City on the weekend.
With company coming, I like to get up early and get dishes squared away, so I can relax with everyone else. My Potato Salad came together so nicely, I have very little shame in admitting I left extra behind in my prep bowl to scoop up a few bites at 8:30am!
Rainbow Potato Salad
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 fine chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp. of Mayo
- 1 Tbsp. Red Onion Diced (optional)
- 2 drops hot sauce (optional)
- 6-7 medium Gold Potatoes cubed (skins on)
- 1 Rainbow Carrot cleaned and sliced thinly with a peeler
- Parsley, Cilantro even Basil for plating (optional)
- Toss in a pot and fill with water till the potatoes covered.
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce to medium and cook till the potatoes easily slide off a fork when poked.
- Meanwhile in a heat safe bowl, whisk remaining ingredients dressing
- Drain potatoes, toss in with dressing, mix to combine.
Taste and adjust the dressing as necessary.
The only real secret: Make sure you dress the potatoes while hot allowing them to soak up all the flavors and provide that creamy texture.
Happy Holiday weekend!