Chances are if you’re seeing this post, you already know I’m a dual American Italian citizen, Author of ALOR.blog, and wife of Photographer & Artist Paolo Ferraris. What you might not know is the following fun facts. Okay here we go…
- I was born in Iowa, raised in Ohio, lived as a nomad and lived in Toronto, New York City & Portland before moving to Italy this year on a COVID Repatriation flight.
- At 21 I paid rent on $5 an hour.
- I’ve now lost 20 lbs since moving to Italy in April. I know! 🍝🍷🥖🧀
- I hate buttons and being asked to confirm old addresses or phone numbers for security reasons. 🤦♀️
- Most painful life lesson? Reacting to harassment in the workplace without knowing my rights, my advocates, or myself well enough to handle the situation properly.
- I’m old enough to understand the difference between intent and innocence.
- I’m in the middle of a home renovation in Bardonecchia, Italy.
- Having freedom of time motivates my financial decisions.
- My mantra: Earn American, Live Italian. More on that to come…
- Wildest dream: Write & Make a movie. There I’ve said it!
At 44, I moved to Italy to begin the path towards early retirement. Now at 45, I’m giving myself permission to not know the answer to “So, what do you do for a living?” ALOR.blog is where I share my journey to being at peace with the answer to that question.
I think I might go lay down now, I’m exhausted! #introvertproblems
Now it’s your turn, spill!
PS: I’ve had a life long tradition of not working on my birthday. Now that I’m semi-retired and COVID has us locked down for a second time in Northern Italy, I’m taking the entire week off to hike the Italian Alps. I’ll pick back up with my Stories of Moving to Italy & #RenovatingBardonecchia series next week.