As an American, I never gave bidets much thought. As a newly minted Italian citizen renovating a home in Italy, I’ve given bidets a lot of thought recently! Did you know there are short bidets, tall bidets, built-in seat bidets, self sanitizing bidets, hand held hose bidets, wall mounted bidets, and get this, matte bidets?!
It might seem a little unseemly to talk bidets, but here’s why I’m sharing this part of our Italian home renovation journey. Turns out, picking out a bidet… is fun!
Italian Home Renovation Blog | Why Italians Love a Bidet
Ladies and gentleman, meet our soon to be bidet (and toilet) “Smile.” I mean come on! You have to admit these are just a little bit cute right? Butt wait, it gets better! Last butt joke I swear.
I kid you not, this award winning design from Cielo Ceramica is named Smile!
Here’s the part that really made me smile. The Smile line of toilets and bidets also come in wall mount units!
What that doesn’t sound exciting? Just imagine never hugging the toilet while stretching for those hard to reach damp dust bunnies again! Show of hands if that made you smile even just a little. For my fellow reno geeks, if you’re looking for a little bathroom design inspo check out Cielo’s Instagram! I’ll admit to fawning over the matching bathtub post. If only we had the space!
If you’re curious why this American opted to put in a bidet, just watch the following video for the number one difference that drives Italians nuts while living in America! Never used a bidet and curious how they work? I’ve got you cover here: 10 Tips for Americans Visiting Italy: The Bathroom.
Don’t want to miss the fun of an Italian Home Renovating? Sign up below!
If you’re just joining our Italian Home Renovation journey, here’s a recap list of the journey so far.
- Renovating Bardonecchia | To SMEG or Not to SMEG
- Renovating Bardonecchia | Kitchen Island in Wonderland
- Renovating Bardonecchia | Final Floor Plans!
- Renovating Bardonecchia | Which to Ditch, Bathtub or Kitchen Island?
- Renovating Bardonecchia | Floor Plans Round Two – My Dream Home Sketch
- Renovating Bardonecchia | Initial Floor Plans are Here!
- Renovating Bardonecchia | 2020 Tax Breaks & COVID Delays
- 23 Quirky Differences | Italian vs American Homes
- How We Decided Where to Live in Italy Plus BEFORE PHOTOS!
- Hardest Part of Doing a Home Renovation in Italy
- Why Reno a Time Capsule?