Hi, I’m Brandy! I’m a dual American Italian Citizen, the Author of ALOR.blog, Owner of ALOR Consulting and wife of Photographer & Artist Paolo Ferraris. At 44, I moved to Italy to begin the path towards early retirement. ALOR.blog is where I share my journey from paying rent on $5 to financial freedom.
10 Things to Know About Brandy Shearer
- Three words that describe me? Courageous. Resilient. Flexible.
- Three least favorite words? Injustice. Cruelty. Closemindedness.
- Wildest dream? To write a book that inspires women towards independence and financial freedom.
- What motivates me? Freedom of time. Travel. Laughter.
- What focuses me? Hikes among tall green trees.
- Where am I in life? Old enough to have patience with me, young enough to take big risks.
- The greatest misfortune? Not asking the right questions.
- Something completely irrational? I hate buttons.
- Sounds I love and loath? Falling snow and leafblowers.
- My motto? Earn American, Live Italian.
Brandy Shearer Bio
After graduating from The Ohio State University, I followed my dreams to New York City and went straight up the corporate ladder. From AOL to InStyle to HBO to Food Network to becoming the Executive Producer for Discovery’s Digital Studio.
It was about this time, that I met Paolo Ferraris. Paolo softened me. My family remarked on how much lighter, freer and happier I seemed. After two years together, Paolo proposed and two months later, we held a small wedding in New York City.
In 2013 we launched ALOR Consulting a content marketing agency and for the first time, I became my own boss. Our dream, was to build a mobile agency. One that would enable us to work from anywhere in the world. While working together wasn’t easy at first our reward for sticking with it was mobility.
In 2016 we lived nomadically traveling through Europe and driving across the US. In 2017 we moved to Portland, Oregon and continued to grow our client base across the US. By 2019, we were ready to move to Italy. Our plan was to keep a foothold in Florida close to my Mother and slowly establish ourselves in Tuscany. Today, we’re waiting in isolation for COVID-19 to run its course so we, like the rest of the world can get on with our dreams.
Contact & Connect With Brandy Shearer
The ability to do something that frightens one; bravery. These are the milestone moments I’m most proud of. Times when instead of turning back to what I knew, what was safe, I pushed ahead chasing my dream life in Italy.
- Italian Citizenship Anniversary | I’m One in Italian Years!
- Moving to Italy | Month One
- Moving to Italy | Flying & COVID-19
- Moving to Italy | Italian Citizenship Ceremony
- Why I Let My Blog Die & Why I’m Bringing It Back
- Moving to Italy & COVID-19
- Finding the Courage to Work For Myself
- Reflections on Turning 41
- Paolo Becomes a Lawful Permanent Resident
- Do Nomads Ever Feel At Home?
- Let the Path to Dual Citizenship Begin!
- Never Take a Nervous Woman To A Green Card Interview
- On Living in New York City
- How We Afford 90 Days on the Road
- Power In Living Debt Free
- Why 2014 Was an Epic Year
- How We Saved Thousands On Our NYC Wedding
- How We Reduced Our Cost of Living by Moving to Jersey
- Leaving the Corporate World
- Facing Fear