Welcome to ALOR Italy! My name is Brandy Shearer and I’ve come all the way from Iowa to Italy. After graduating with a Bachelors of Arts from The Ohio State University school of Journalism and Communication, I moved to New York City where I worked for InStyle, HBO, Discovery, and Food Network. In the corporate world, I loved being an Executive Producer who inspired creative teams to do their best work. In my private life, my passion for travel was born when I fell in love with, and married Italian Photographer & Artist Paolo Ferraris.
I soon discovered when travel becomes a passion, saving becomes an obsession. From this point on, our lives shifted to focus on attaining financial freedom and freedom of time. In 2013 Paolo and I launched ALOR Consulting a content marketing agency focused on food, beverage, and hospitality. We found working for ourselves meant we were able to live anywhere in the world. So in 2016 we thrived in a nomadic lifestyle traveling through Europe and the United States. In 2017 we fell in love with Portland, Oregon, but by 2019 after we both became dual American Italian citizens Italy became home.
Here are ten quick things that will tell you all you need to know about me.
- Three words that describe me best? Brave. Resilient. Flexible.
- Most random thing? I hate buttons.
- Wildest dream? To see my name scroll in movie credits.
- What motivates me? Freedom of time. Travel. Cheese.
- What focuses me? Hikes in the Italian Alps I now call home.
- Where am I in life? Semi-retired at 44, I’m old enough to have patience with myself and still young enough to take big risks.
- My biggest mistake? Not asking the right questions sooner.
- My Ninja Skills: Saving money. Minimalism. Always finding a way. Helping creatives do their best work. Cracking crab legs.
- Sounds I love and loath? Falling snow and leafblowers.
- My mantra is Earn American, Live Italian. Using this framework, allowed Paolo and I to gain financial freedom and freedom of time after moving to Italy. In 2022, I became acutely aware how important these freedoms are when I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer. I faced breast cancer without fear of regret for the things I had not done in life.
Contact: Brandy @ ALORconsulting.com – Spaces are intentional to prevent spam, remove them to contact me via email.