Welcome to ALOR Italy! My name is Brandy Shearer and I am an adventurous American Italian citizen living in the Italian Alps. This blog is primarily about Italy! I share stories about living in Italy, renovating a home in Italy, the Italian Alps, Italy trips, a bit of international travel, and a healthy dose of Italian food and wine.
A little personal background on the woman writing this blog! From Iowa to Italy I’ve come a long way. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts from The Ohio State University, I moved to New York City to work as an Executive Producer and lifestyle content marketing strategist. Fortunate enough to work for brands like InStyle, HBO, and Discovery, my true passion for food was awoke working at Food Network. My passion for travel awoke when I met, fell in love with, and married Italian Photographer & Artist Paolo Ferraris. Paolo’s work is what makes ALOR Italy a sumptuous visual exploration of Italy. In 2013 Paolo and I launched ALOR Consulting a content marketing agency focused on food, beverage, and hospitality. Working for ourselves we were able to live anywhere in the world! In 2016 we thrived in a nomadic lifestyle traveling through Europe and the United States. In 2017 we fell in love with Portland, Oregon, but by 2019 after we both became dual American Italian citizens it was time to call Italy home.
10 Things That Tell You a lot About Me!
- Three words that describe me best? Brave. Resilient. Flexible.
- Most random thing? I hate buttons.
- Wildest dream? To see my name scroll in movie credits.
- What motivates me? Freedom of time. Travel. Cheese.
- What focuses me? Hikes in the Italian Alps I now call home.
- Where am I in life? Old enough to have patience with myself. Young enough to take big risks. Semi-retired at 44.
- The greatest misfortune? Not asking the right questions.
- My Ninja Skills: Saving money. Minimalism and always finding a way. Plus, I’m pretty good at helping creatives do their best work. Oh and cracking crab legs.
- Sounds I love and loath? Falling snow and leafblowers.
- My motto? Earn American, Live Italian.