Paycheck to paycheck is no way to live, but after paying rent on $5 an hour, I know the struggle all too well. After living with soul-crushing credit card debt for nearly twenty years, I hit reset on my spending habits, my career, and my dreams. Now, I work for myself, have financial freedom and most importantly freedom of time. My motto is Earn American, Live Italian.
On ALOR.blog, I’m sharing my journey from debt to dreams including the changes I made to reduce my cost of living, put more money away, start working for myself and find freedom of time. Join me as I embark on my next chapter, moving to Italy!
Contact & Connect With Brandy Shearer
10 Things to Know About Brandy Shearer
- Three words that describe me best? Courageous. Resilient. Flexible.
- Three least favorite words? Injustice. Cruelty. Closemindedness.
- Wildest dream? To write a book that inspires women towards strength and independence.
- What motivates me? Freedom of time. Travel. Laughter.
- What focuses me? Hikes among tall green trees.
- Where am I in life? Old enough to have patience with me, young enough to take big risks.
- The greatest misfortune? Not asking the right questions.
- Something completely irrational? I hate buttons.
- Sounds I love and loath? Falling snow and leafblowers.
- My motto? Earn American, Live Italian.
The ability to do something that frightens one; bravery. These are the milestone moments I’m most proud of. Times when instead of turning back to what I knew, what was safe, I pushed ahead chasing my dream life in Italy.
- Flying to Italy During COVID-19
- My Italian Citizenship Ceremony
- Why I Let My Blog Die & Why I’m Bringing It Back
- COVID-19 & Our Move to Italy
- Finding the Courage to Work For Myself
- Reflections on Turning 41
- Paolo Becomes a Lawful Permanent Resident
- Do Nomads Ever Feel At Home?
- Let the Path to Dual Citizenship Begin!
- Never Take a Nervous Woman To A Green Card Interview
- What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?
- On Living in New York City
- How We Afford 90 Days on the Road
- Power In Living Debt Free
- Why 2014 Was an Epic Year
- How We Saved Thousands On Our NYC Wedding
- How We Reduced Our Cost of Living by Moving to Jersey
- Leaving the Corporate World
- Facing Fear
Brandy Shearer Bio
After graduating from The Ohio State University, I followed my dreams to New York City and went straight up the corporate ladder. From AOL to InStyle to HBO to Food Network to becoming the Executive Producer for Discovery’s Digital Studio.
It was about this time, that I met Paolo Ferraris. Paolo softened me. My family remarked on how much lighter, freer and happier I seemed. After two years together, Paolo proposed and two months later, we held a small wedding in New York City.
In 2013 we launched ALOR Consulting a content marketing agency and for the first time, I became my own boss. Our dream, was to build a mobile agency. One that would enable us to work from anywhere in the world. While working together wasn’t easy at first our reward for sticking with it was mobility.
In 2016 we lived nomadically traveling through Europe and driving across the US. In 2017 we moved to Portland, Oregon and continued to grow our client base across the US. By 2019, we were ready to move to Italy. Our plan was to keep a foothold in Florida close to my Mother and slowly establish ourselves in Tuscany. Today, we’re waiting in isolation for COVID-19 to run its course so we, like the rest of the world can get on with our dreams.
Meet Paolo Ferraris
Born in Torino, Italy in 1976, Paolo was raised in a home flooded with literature, poetry, art and camera equipment. ALOR is a place for Paolo to showcase his inspirations and colors #PaoloFerrarisColors
Contact Paolo Ferraris: Paolo@ALORConsulting.com
ALOR Consulting Work
- Uncle Nearest Whiskey Worldwide Debut in Portland
- “We’re Here With the Chef”
- 5 Answers With Ezra On Portland’s Fruit Beer Festival
- Impact of Storytelling & Content Marketing Strategy
- Discovering Portland’s Newest Hidden Cocktail Bar
- Willamette Wine Tasting Etiquette & Tips
- 10 Wine Photography Tips to Gain Twitter Followers
- Five Answers: Wine Tasting With Le Cadeau
- Why Chefs Love Portland
- Octopus Stronger Than Man
- Tasty n Sons Secret to Success
- Photography Sneak Peek: Tasty n Sons
- Recipe For A Happy Team
- Portland Chef José Chesa is Devoted to Food.
- Photography Sneak Peek: Chesa
- Why Chef Farrell Loves Portland
- Photography Sneak Peek: Cabezon
- Best of Portland, Ancestry Brewing
- Holy Hushpuppies, Now That’s a Happy Hour